Monday, April 05, 2010

Where in the world am I?

IMAG0150

Well, I’m sat in a hotel looking out of the window at a very sunny area just outside of Boston, MA. I’m here for the Autodesk AEC 2011 Media launch. This is the first time I have been to Boston; looks like a great place. Kind of strange, as on my way to the hotel, I passed a sign for “Winchester”; I had only left “Winchester, Hampshire, UK” just 9 hours earlier!

http://www.visitwinchester.co.uk/ 

I guess the first settlers who landed here couldn’t think up any original names, so to make them feel at home, they used City names from the UK. My American history is very poor, so I feel I need to know more.

6 comments :

matt jezyk said...

is that the aLoft parking lot in Lexington? Glad to see you on this side of the pond. Sorry we will not be able to get together this trip

matt jezyk said...

is that the aLoft parking lot in Lexington? Glad to see you on this side of the pond. Sorry we will not be able to get together this trip

Erik said...

You ARE in New England, David. I bet you see a couple more place names that seem familiar while you are there. Have a great stay.

Christopher Zoog said...

Yes, we tend to get lazy with naming our places here in america...if we try a little, we'll add a "new" infront of it, ie NEW Jersey, NEW York, etc haha. Anyway have fun...

Unknown said...

As one who grew up in Reading (not far from Lancaster), now lives in Springfield, and works in Narberth, I think we might both be surprised by how many names we would find in common if we started comparing maps – especially for the northeast US.

Miles said...

I thought for a minute you had lost your shared coordinates and gps...take care and soak up all the Revit news + sunshine!